The Third edition of Cochin International Half Marathon 2015, scheduled to be held on December 20, 2015 has been postponed to January 2016. The exact date of the race will be confirmed shortly.
The event will carry total prize money of Rs 25 lakh. Kochi corporation will organize this event in association with Aryanz Sports.
There will be races in two Categories :
• Half marathon (21.09 kilometers)
• Relay Half marathon (21.09 kilometers)
• 10K Run
• 7K Fun Run / Walk
Sunday, 20th December 2015
The 21-km course of the marathon will be flagged off from Marine Drive, will proceed along Fort Kochi before ending at Maharaja’s College ground unlike the maiden edition when it began and ended at the Maharajas College ground.
• 65 Lakhs in Total
• $5500 - Male and Female Winners
• $3250 - Male and Female Runner-ups
• 2 Lakhs - Indian Male and Female Winners
• 1.5 -Indian Male and Female Runner-ups
• Performance bonuses of $1,500 for men and women participants who break the existing overall course records, which stand at 62minutes and 54seconds set by Kenyan Bernard Kipyego and 71minutes and 54 seconds set by Helah Kiprop Kenyan woman athlete.
• Any Indian who betters the 64minutes and 37seconds set by G. Lakshmanan will take home Rs. 1 lakh. There is an additional bonus of Rs. 50,000 for an athlete who finishes below 65 minutes.
• Any Indian women finishing the race below 78 minutes will be eligible for a bonus of Rs. 1 lakh besides a bonus of Rs. 50,000 for women who finish below 79 minutes.